The Official Web Site For The State of New Jersey - Department of Treasury
Global Navigation
FAQs Departments/ Agencies Services A to Z NJ Home Page


If you placed a claim on property belonging to a business or corporation, you will be requested to provide specific documentation that proves you have the legal capacity to complete a claim on behalf of the business. The documentation listed below is examples of the types that may be requested. Please do not provide the UPA with any documentation unless it is request by the UPA through formal correspondence (claim packet).

Types of Documentation Requested (click to expand and close)

Official Identification
Company’s FID
Original Stock Certificate/Statement
Indemnity Bond
Company Name Change Documentation
Company Letterhead
Stock Liquidation
Stock Sale/Re-Registration
Original Document
Transfer and Assignment of Interest
Court Order
Personal Claim l Decedent Claim l Claim on Behalf of Someone Else l Corporate Claim

Last Updated: Thursday, 08/02/18


Unclaimed Property Administration: Home | Contact Us
Treasury: Home | ServicesPeopleBusinesses | Divisions/AgenciesFormsContact Us
NJ Home | Services A to Z | Departments/Agencies | FAQs
Copyright © State of New Jersey, 1996 -
This site is maintained by the Division of Revenue and Enterprise Services.

Reports Accessibility Statement Legal Statement Privacy Notice Contact Us Open Public Records Act Proposed Rules and Amendments Comment or Petition for new Rule Division/Ageny Statutes and Rules Electronic Notification