The Official Web Site For The State of New Jersey - Department of Treasury
Global Navigation
FAQs Departments/ Agencies Services A to Z NJ Home Page


If you placed a claim on property that is in your name, you might be requested to provide specific documentation that proves your identity and/or that the property belongs to you.  The documentation below are examples of the types that may be requested.  Please do not provide the UPA with any documentation unless it is request by the UPA through formal correspondence (claim packet). 

Types of Documentation Requested (click to expand and close)

Official Identification
Proof of SSN
Proof of Reported Address
Multiple Owners
Name Change Documentation
Bearer Bonds and Coupons
Original Stock Certificate/Statement
Original Document
Gift Card
Indemnity Bond
Stock Liquidation
Stock Sale/Re-Registration
Court Order
Divorce Decree
Personal Claim l Decedent Claim l Claim on Behalf of Someone Else l Corporate Claim
Last Updated: Thursday, 08/02/18


Unclaimed Property Administration: Home | Contact Us
Treasury: Home | ServicesPeopleBusinesses | Divisions/AgenciesFormsContact Us
NJ Home | Services A to Z | Departments/Agencies | FAQs
Copyright © State of New Jersey, 1996 -
This site is maintained by the Division of Revenue and Enterprise Services.

Reports Accessibility Statement Legal Statement Privacy Notice Contact Us Open Public Records Act Proposed Rules and Amendments Comment or Petition for new Rule Division/Ageny Statutes and Rules Electronic Notification